Oklahoma City, OK – October 12th-13th, 2018
About the Event
The event will be instructed by Global Martial Arts University head instructor Michael South (1st degree krav maga black belt, BJJ brown belt and professional competitor, Hapkido black belt) at his martial arts school in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. What you can expect to learn:
- Mastery of fundamental krav maga techniques
- How to properly teach krav maga, cycle of instruction, class management, age ranges, fitness, flexibility, and other facets of krav maga
- One-on-one practice and instructor with Michael South, and his instructor team.
- Meet and train with a small handful of other kravists from around the country
- Walk away with confidence in starting your own successful krav maga program
- Grow your martial arts school by adding a profitable, well-designed self defense program
Requirements to Attend
You must meet the below requirements to be eligible for this certification:
- Currently hold a brown belt or above in some martial art style
- Be an enrolled student in the GMAU Krav Maga course, and be ranked at least Level 1/Yellow Belt.
- Age 18+
To Achieve the Certification
In order for participants to achieve certification they must: meet the requirements to attend, complete the two days of training, and pass the physical, teaching, and written exam.
Benefits of Certification
Attendees who pass the certification exam will be Global Martial Arts Association recognized Certified Instructors of Krav Maga. Benefits you will obtain:
- You will receive the actual physical certificate to display.
- Be listed on the Global Martial Arts Association website in the school locator and find an instructor feature.
- Receive the GMAU Krav Maga written curriculum and instructor manual for use in running your own program.
- Students certificates that you can issue to your own students, in which their rank will be recognized by the Global Martial Arts Association and other related institutions.
- As we develop our instructor support program, you will be the first to get class plans, and other support items to use in your own local classes.
- You can rank your students up to the Level/Belt that you hold in the style of Krav Maga, and the Instructor Level that you hold.
Instructor Certification: One time cost of $495. If you bring another team member with you, each additional instructor is only $250. There are no monthly licensing or maintenance fees to stay a certified instructor. But, you are required to continue moving up in rank with us, and complete your instructor update every two years, or you will not continue as a recognized and active instructor in our association.
The below schedule outlines the section of curriculum that you will be reviewing (both as a student, and learning to instruct) throughout the event.
Friday, October 13th
- 10 am – 12 pm: Combatives and Drills
- 12 – 12:45 pm: Lunch
- 12:45 – 4 pm: Self Defense
- 4 – 5:30 pm: Mock Teaching
- 5 – 8 pm: GMAU Krav Maga Live
Saturday, October 14th
- 11 – 3 pm: Review, Weapons Defense, Ground
- 3 – 6 pm: Exam & Wrap Up
We provide adequate breaks for rest, water, snacks in the schedule. Our events are safe and have a positive and supportive environment.
National Martial Arts
11829 S Portland Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73170
A 10 minute drive from the airport in Oklahoma City. A reasonable day-drive for most residents of Central US.There are several hotels within a few miles of the school, and many restaurants.
Michael South is a black belt Krav Maga instructor and has been a student of the martial arts for over ten years. He also holds black belts in Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido. He began teaching martial arts professionally eight years ago and is the founder of National Martial Arts, an Oklahoma-based martial arts organization dedicated to making the world a better and safer place. He specializes in Krav Maga instruction and is also a professional BJJ competitor.
We will allow you to come back to work with Mr. South or another one of our instructors to re-take the test, at no extra cost, or potentially via a video re-rest or submission of corrections. There is no reason to have any fear of failure or pain around this, we have a safe and positive-energy approach to our training seminars.
No. Unlike with most krav maga associations, we do not charge a monthly or yearly licensing fee, to maintain your instructor status with us. You are required to attend a live event or instructor update every two years to stay listed as “active” on our website and our files. But, your certification cannot be revoked, unless by violating our instructor code of conduct, which is very rare. You are required to maintain your GMAU Krav Maga student membership. This allows you to continue training and ranking up as a student, and keeps you plugged into the entire curriculum.
You can immediately begin teaching in your own krav program, and rank students up to level 1/yellow belt. In the future, you can attend a Level 2/3 Instructor Certification (to be able to rank your students higher), and eventually a Level 4/5 Instructor Certification. This way, you will take it step-by-step, attending a few events over the course of a couple of years, to be able to personally rank up to black belt as a student, as you are then also achieving a higher instructor rank and refining your teaching skills.